3. HEALTH MINISTRY PLANS COMMUNICATION STRATEGY
The Union Ministry of Health has come up with an elaborate communication strategy to counter issues arising out of vaccine hesitancy, and ‘eagerness’ among the people.
- The strategy is structured to guide national, state and district level communication channels.
- The idea is to make sure that the information on the COVID-19 vaccines and vaccination process reaches all people, across all states in the country.
- The strategy seeks to disseminate timely, accurate and transparent information about the vaccine(s) to alleviate apprehensions.
- The strategy also seeks to build trust and enable greater confidence in the COVID-19 vaccine amongst all people by employing transparency in communication, while also managing any mis/disinformation and rumours around it.
- It hopes to take on the challenging task of managing and mitigating any potential disappointment expressed by unmet demand for the vaccine or ‘eagerness’ amongst people.
The entire strategy will be implemented across three main platforms
- Through community groups,
- All forms of media from social media to hoardings and wall posters.
A media rapid response cell at the Ministry will be tasked with media monitoring and social listening and responding real-time, the document said.