- Centre pushes vaccination as lumpy skin ravages cattle
- More than 10,000 cattle have been infected with the Lumpy Skin disease in this wave of the epidemic.
- Uttarakhand has reported the bulk of the cases in this wave. While the Kutch region of Gujarat emerged as the epicenter of the Lumpy Skin disease outbreak last year.
- Government launched a massive vaccination drive to control the epidemic in cattle.
- About nine crore cattle have been vaccinated so far, and the recovery rate is above 94%.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB