- An Indian Navy MiG-29K fighter jet made the maiden night landing on the indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vikrant.
- It is an important step towards the warship becoming fully operational along with its air wing.
- The Mikoyan MiG-29K is a Russian all-weather carrier-based multirole fighter aircraft developed in the late 1980s.
- INS Vikrant (IAC-1) is the first indigenously designed and built aircraft carrier of India.
- INS Vikrant has been constructed by Cochin Shipyard.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB