- The 8th Edition of joint military exercise between the Indian Army and the Sri Lankan Army, Exercise MITRA SHAKTI was conducted in Sri Lanka.
- The 7th edition of the Mitra Shakti exercise was held in Pune, Maharashtra in 2019.
- It is based on counter insurgency and counter terrorism operations in semi urban terrain.
- It is the largest bilateral exercise being undertaken by the Sri Lankan Army and it forms a major part of India and Sri Lanka’s growing defence partnership.
- The joint exercise is designed for incorporating the current dynamics of United Nations’ peacekeeping operations through tactical exercises and practical discussions.
- Other Exercises with Sri Lanka:
- Naval exercise (SLINEX).
SOURCE: THE HINDU,THE ECONOMIC TIMES,MINT