- Two Indian climbers were rescued from Mt. Annapurna in Nepal.
- Annapurna is a mountain situated in the Gandaki Province, Nepal.
- It is the tenth highest mountain in the world at 8,091 metres.
- The entire massif and surrounding area are protected within the 7,629-square-kilometre Annapurna Conservation Area, the first and largest conservation area in Nepal.
- For decades, Annapurna I Main held the highest fatality-to-summit rate of all principal eight-thousander summits.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB