- National Technology Day is celebrated in India on May 11 every year.
- This term was coined by former Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee to recognise the contributions of Indian scientists.
- On May 11, 1998, three very special technological advances were showcased by India’s scientists and engineers:
Operation Shakti, also known widely as Pokhran-II nuclear tests;
- the successful test firing of Trishul missile; and
- the first test flight of the indigenously developed aircraft Hansa.
School to Startups-Igniting Young Minds to Innovate.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB