- Nature walk organised along the Palak Lake , Aizawl, Mizoram.
- Palak lake is also known as Palak Dil or Palak Tipo.
- It is the largest and biggest lake in Mizoram.
- It is located within the Mara Autonomous District Council.
- It falls under the Indo-Burma biodiversity hotspot, and is therefore rich in animal and plant species.
- The lake is a major component of the Palak Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Palak Dil and its surrounding area is declared as a protected area under the Palak Wildlife Sanctuary.
- The surrounding forest is extensively exploited due to shifting cultivation.
- It has been designated as a protected Ramsar site since 2021.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB