NATIONAL SAFETY COUNCIL
- National Safety Council is a premier, non-profit, self-financing and tripartite apex body at the national level in India.
- It is an autonomous body, which was set up by the Government of India, Ministry of Labour and Employmenton 4 March 1965 to generate, develop and sustain a voluntary movement on Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) at the national level.
- It was registered as a Society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 and subsequently, as a Public Trust under the Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950.
- Serving the Society by creating a preventive culture, scientific mindsetand organised approach to SHE
- It is our belief that these issues are a basic humanitarian concern.
- We equally believe that their effective addressal is greatly facilitated if their intrinsic relationship with quality and productivity is well demonstrated.
- Conducting specialised training Courses, Conferences, Seminars & Workshops all over the Nation
- Conducting consultancy studies such as Safety Audits, Hazard Evaluation, Emergency Management Planning & Risk Assessment
- Designing and developing HSE promotional materials & publications
- Facilitating organisations in celebrating various campaigns eg. Road safety week, Safety Day, Fire Service Week, World Environment Day
- Organised many national and international conferences e.g. XIII World Congress (1993) and XI APOSHO Conference (1995) and implemented many a prestigious project
- A computerised Management Information Service has been established for collection, retrieval and dissemination of information to achieve its Objective .
- A DVD of Fire Risk Assessment was prepared for education purpose by National Safety Council.