- TRIFED under Ministry of Tribal Affairs has now launched “Sankalp se Siddhi” – Village and Digital Connect Drive.
- It is a 100 day drive which was stared from April 1, 2021.
- The drive will entail 150 teams visiting ten villages each of which 10 in each region from TRIFED and State Implementation Agencies, visiting ten villages each.
- The main aim of this drive is to activate the Van DhanVikasKendras in these villages.
- The visiting teams will also identify locations and shortlist potential Van DhanVikasKendras for clustering as TRIFOOD, and Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries- SFURTI units as larger enterprises.
- TRIFOOD aims to enhance the income of tribals through better utilization of and value addition to the Minor Forest Produce collected by the tribal forest gatherers.
SOURCE: THE HINDU ,THE ECONOMIC TIMES ,MINT