- Recently, the government has launched the Secured Logistics Document Exchange (SLDE) along with a Calculator for GreenHouse Gas (GHG) Emissions to boost Ease-Of-Doing Business in the country.
- In World Bank’s Ease-Of-Doing Business Report, 2020 India was ranked 63 out of 190 countries.
- The SLDE platform is a solution to replace the present manual process of generation, exchange and compliance of logistics documents with a digitized, secure and seamless document exchange system.
- It will enable generation, storage and interchange of logistics-related documents digitally using Aadhaar and blockchain-based security protocols for data security and authentication
- It will also provide a complete audit trail of document transfer, faster execution of transactions, lower cost of shipping and overall carbon footprint, easy verification of authenticity of documents, lowered risk of fraud, etc.
GreenHouse Gas Emission Calculator:
- The GHG Calculator is an efficient, user-friendly tool and provides for calculating and comparing GHG emissions across different modes.
- It allows for commodity-wise comparison of GHG emissions and total cost of transportation, including their environmental cost, between movement by road and rail.
- The tool is intended to facilitate appropriate modal choice for all concerned.
- Initiatives will improve logistics efficiency, reduce logistics cost, and promote multi-modality and sustainability in a big way, also help fill the gap areas where no action has yet been taken either by private players or any of the line ministries.
- It will help achieve the targets of improved India’s ranking in Logistics Performance Index (LPI), reduction in logistics cost and establishment of indigenous India-specific metrics for continual improvement in logistics.
- India ranked 44th on the LPI in 2018.
SOURCE: THE HINDU,THE ECONOMIC TIMES,MINT