Elon Musk’s SpaceX is about to take its most daring leap yet with a round-the-world test flight of its mammoth Starship.
- Space is a rocket company founded by Elon Musk.
- It was created with the mission of taking humans to Mars.
- Headquarters: Hawthorne, California.
- It was founded in 2002 by Elon Musk with the stated goal of reducing space transportation costs to enable the colonization of Mars.
- SpaceX is developing a satellite internet constellation named Starlink to provide commercial internet service.
- In January 2020, the Starlink constellation became the largest satellite constellation ever launched.
- The company is also developing Starship, a privately funded, fully reusable, super heavy-lift launch system for interplanetary and orbital spaceflight.
- It is intended to become SpaceX’s primary orbital vehicle once operational.
- Starship is a super-heavy lift rocket that can transport large payloads to space.
- Deploy heavier payloads with greater range.
- To deploy larger swarms of Starlink internet satellites.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB