- The Shiksha Parv is being celebrated by the Ministry of Education from 5th-17th September to recognize the contributions of teachers and to take New Education Policy (NEP) 2020 a step forward.
- The Prime Minister launched multiple key initiatives in the education sector on the occasion.
- It was launched for the Children and persons with hearing impairments. It has 10,000 words in it.
- These are audiobooks for the visually impaired.
- School Quality Assessment and Accreditation Framework (SQAA):
- SQAA is a quality initiative proposed by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to provide global parameters of attainment as standards in schools affiliated to it.
- It would address the deficiency of the absence of a common scientific framework for dimensions like curricula, pedagogy, assessment, infrastructure, inclusive practices and governance process.
- On 5th September, Teachers’ Day is celebrated every year throughout India in memory of Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan on his birth anniversary.
- World Teachers’ Day is celebrated on 5th October annually to commemorate the anniversary of the adoption of the 1966 ILO/UNESCO Recommendation concerning the Status of Teachers.
- This instrument sets forth the rights and responsibilities of teachers, and standards for their initial preparation and further education, recruitment, employment, teaching and learning conditions.
Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- He was born in a family in Tiruttani (Tamil Nadu) in 1888. He had been a teacher, philosopher, author and politician.
- He was the first Vice President of India (1952–1962) and the second President of India from 1962 to 1967.
- He was awarded knighthood in 1931. In 1954, he was awarded Bharat Ratna, the highest civilian award in India. He got honorary membership of the British Royal Order of Merit in 1963.
SOURCE: THE HINDU ,THE ECONOMIC TIMES,MINT