5.PradhanMantriRashtriya Bal Puraskar
- Recently, 32 children have been awarded the ‘Pradhan MantriRashtriya Bal Puraskar’
for their exceptional abilities and outstanding accomplishments.
- The Awards are given by the President of India in the week preceding RepublicDay (26 January) every year.
Bal Shakti Puraskar:
- It is given by the Government of India every year to recognize exceptionalachievements of children in various fields i.e., innovation, scholasticachievements, social service, arts & culture, sports and bravery.
- A child who is an Indian Citizen and residing in India and is between5-18 years of age.
- A medal, a cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000, book vouchers worth Rs.10,000, acertificate and citation.
- It was instituted in 1996 as the National Child Award forExceptional Achievement, renamed from 2018 as Bal Shakti Puraskar.
- It is given as recognition to Individuals and Institutions, who havemade an outstanding contribution towards service for children in the fieldof child development, child protection and child welfare.
- An individual who is an Indian Citizen and residing in India andshould have attained the age of 18 years or above (as on 31 August ofrespective year). S/he should have worked for the cause of childrenfor not less than 7 years.
- The institution should not be entirely funded by the governmentand should have been in the field of child welfare for 10 years andperforming consistently in the field.
- Three awards are given in each of the two categories – Individual andInstitution – along with cash prizes (Rs. 1,00, 000 and Rs. 5,00, 000respectively).