MINISTRY OF HOUSING AND URBAN AFFAIRS (MOHUA)
Initiatives taken by the MoHUA:
- MoHUA entered into MoU with Zomato to onboard street food vendors on its food-tech platform. This will give street food vendors online access to thousands of consumers and help these vendors grow their businesses.
- In October 2020, MoHUA had entered into a similar agreement with another online platform for food ordering and delivery, Swiggy.
- MoHUA launched the Mobile Application for PM SVANidhi se Samriddhi.
- This mobile application will assist city officials to conduct door to door data collection for socio-economic profiling of PM SVANidhi beneficiaries and their families.
- This will be done in 125 select cities as an additional component of PM SVANidhi.
- The application will enable ULB field functionaries to conduct the socio-economic profiling activity even without any internet connection.
- Quality Council of India, the implementing partner for this program, partnered with MoHUA to develop this mobile application.
- The program aims to map the socio-economic profile of the PM SVANidhi beneficiaries and their families, assess their potential eligibility for various central welfare schemes and facilitate the linkages to these schemes, for their holistic development and socio-economic upliftment.