Forensic DNA Phenotyping refers to the prediction of appearance traits of unknown sample donors, or unknown deceased (missing) persons, directly from biological materials found at the scene.
“Biological witness” outcomes of Forensic DNA Phenotyping can provide investigative leads to trace unknown persons, who are unidentifiable with current comparative DNA profiling
Forensic DNA Phenotyping is prediction of human appearance from forensic samples.
- FDP is developed to guide police investigations in cases without known
- FDP includes forensic use of DNA for investigation, not in the courtroom.
- To date human pigmentation traits are predictable as color categories from
- FDP of additional appearance traits relies on extensive future research.
- Today we are far away from the ability of DNA predicting individual faces.