- A Union Minister said that “Mission Karmayogi”, launched by Prime Minister had institutionalised the process of capacity building, particularly for the benefit of civil servants
- It was launched in 2020.
- Mission Karmayogi is a National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building (NPCSCP).
- The programme aims at building a future-ready civil service with the right attitude, skills and knowledge, aligned to the vision of New India.
- This will be achieved through a Competency Framework for Civil Services that will be totally indigenous to India
- It will be governed by the Prime Minister’s Human Resource Council, which will also include State Chief Ministers, Union Cabinet Ministers, and experts.
- The council will approve and review civil services capacity building programmes.
- It will comprise of select secretaries and cadre controlling authority.
- Capacity Building Commission (CBC):
- It will include experts in related fields and global professionals.
- This commission will prepare and monitor annual capacity building plans and audit human resources available in the government.
Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV):
- This wholly-owned SPV will govern the iGOT-Karamayogi platform.
- The SPV will create and operationalize the content, marketplace and mange key business services of the iGOT platform.
- An Appropriate monitoring and evaluation framework will also be put in place for performance evaluation of all users of the iGOT platform so as to generate dashboard view of Key Performance Indicators.
- The capacity building will be delivered through iGOT Karmayogi Digital Platform, with content drawn from global best practices.
- The platform will act as a launch-pad for the NPCSCB.
Shift from Rules to Roles:
The programme will support a transition from “rules-based to roles-based” Human Resource Management (HRM).
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB