- The One District One Product (ODOP) programme under Department of Commerce (DoC) and Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry is aimed at creating sustainable employment at the district level while promoting holistic socio-economic development.
- The idea is to select, brand, and promote one product from each district of the country.
- To further this vision, ODOP mapped and tagged the overlapping tribal products at the TRIBES India store at the ongoing Aadi Mahotsav organized by Tribal Co-operative Marketing Federation of India (TRIFED) from 16-27 February, 2023 at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium, New Delhi.
- The ODOP and GI x TRIFED product launch was held at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium during the ongoing Aadi Mahotsav.
- On the occasion, Smt. Supriya Devasthali, Director, DPIIT delivered a special address at the ODOP and GI x TRIFED launch and appreciated the diverse collection of products on display, from across the country.
- She highlighted that this collaboration with TRIFED is a landmark step to promote the tribal products that come under the ambit of ODOP, and more than 100 Tribes India’s stores in the country will join this movement to be vocal for local and make for the world.
- A diverse collection of tribal products representing all parts of the country are available at TRIFED’s TRIBES India Retail store.
- ODOP plans to further this campaign by engaging other such stores and emporiums that have overlaps with the products under ODOP to boost the morale of artisans and weaver clusters by giving them a larger platform to display their craft and bringing it to the forefront.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB