Bluesky has come to the fore as a potential claimant to Twitter’s throne.
What is Bluesky?
- Bluesky is a micro-blogging platform and social website.
- It is built on the AT Protocol (Authenticated Transport Protocol).
- Bluesky might be classified as a Twitter competitor but it is different in terms of its structure, as it is meant to form part of a decentralised ecosystem.
- Users of apps built on the AT Protocol would be able to move between platforms without losing their followers, media, work, and data.
- This account portability is a major part of the AT Protocol’s structure.
Bluesky vs Mastodon
- Bluesky and Mastodon both strive to be decentralised social media platforms.
- Bluesky is still highly controlled by its team of creators, and entry is based on an invite code.
- Mastodon has multiple servers that users can join or apply to join, making it less controlled in terms of entry.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB