1.AQUA REJUVENATION PLANT (ARP)
- CSIR-CMERI unveils ‘Aqua Rejuvenation Plant’ which facilitates an Organic Farming Model through treated Waste Water.
- CSIR-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute, Durgapur unveiled the first-ever Wastewater Treatment Technology Model which purifies Waste Water for Irrigation/Farming purposes.
Aqua Rejuvenation Plant:
- Aqua Rejuvenation Plant (ARP) is an Integrated Waste Water Rejuvenation Model which has six-stage purification profile for comprehensive treatment of Waste Water, based upon diverse purification parameters.
- The approx. 24,000 litres of water that can be rejuvenated using ARP will be sufficient for almost 4 acres of Agricultural Land (barring seasonal variations in water requirements).
- The used filtration media have been specially developed to handle Indian sewage water parameters and based upon geographical variations they may be modified.
- The filter media is also locally source-able, so as to ensure that there would not be any stress in the supply chain for scaled-up manufacturing of ARP.
- The treated water which is now being used for irrigation can be used even for drinking purpose also when little more time is given for settling.
- The system has a dual benefit as while the treated water is being used for irrigation purpose, the filtered sludge generated is also utilized as manure/fertilizer.
- The biochar prepared from dry leaves falling in autumn season is also used for mixing in the soil as it reduces the water requirement for irrigation thus saving precious water.