2.MEITY QUANTUM COMPUTING APPLICATIONS LAB
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) will establish a Quantum Computing Applications Lab in the country, in collaboration with AWS.
- Quantum computing is an emerging field that harnesses the laws of quantum mechanics to build powerful tools to process information.
- It has the potential to solve computational problems that are beyond the reach of classical computers, and lead to new breakthroughs that can transform chemical engineering, material science, drug discovery, financial portfolio optimization, machine learning, and more.
- The initiative is expected to boost India’s ongoing efforts in developing Quantum Computing Applications.
- This is in line with one of the core missions of MeitY which is to identify and deploy technologies to promote innovation and discovery to help India advance and achieve a more sustainable future.
Purpose of the Lab:
To accelerate quantum computing-led research and development and enable new scientific discoveries.
- The MeitY Quantum Computing Applications Lab will provide quantum computing as a service to government ministries and departments, researchers, scientists, academia, and developers, to enable advances in areas such as manufacturing, healthcare, agriculture, and aerospace engineering.
- AWS will provide hosting with technical and programmatic support for the Lab.
- This MeitY initiative will provide scientific, academic, and developer communitiesaccess to a quantum computing development environment aligned with the government’s science and technology priorities.