GOBARdhan Initiative Begins Reaping Good Results & Stimulating Investments In Biogas Sector in India
About the scheme:
- The Gobardhan scheme focuses on managing and converting cattle dung and solid waste on farms into compost, biogas, and bio-CNG.
- In addition to keeping the village clean, it provides additional income for farmers and cattle herders.
- The GOBARdhan scheme also aims to make farmers more self-reliant in converting ‘waste to energy.’
- In the long run, the scheme aims to help villages safely manage their cattle waste, agricultural waste, and organic waste.
- Develop decentralized systems to turn cattle and organic waste into wealth for communities.
- The effective disposal of waste in rural areas is to reduce vector-borne diseases and promote environmental sanitation.
- The conversion of organic waste, especially cattle waste, into biogas and fertilizer can be beneficial for rural areas.
- Opportunities for rural entrepreneurs to generate income and employment should be promoted.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB