Syllabus: Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
Harappans knowledge in Construction
- The Harappans have taught us how to make beautiful, well-planned cities which are hygienic and the scientific construction methods introduced by them, and are followed not only in South Asia but all over the world
- The method they followed is called the English bond.
- This method was not known to the Europeans till the 14th century.
- The Harappans were considered the best civil engineers.
- Scientific methodologies used to analyse Harappan remains, including DNA studies and isotopic analyses.