NATIONAL SCIENCE DAY
National Science Day:
- February 28 is annually observed as National Science Day in India to commemorate the discovery of the Raman Effect by Nobel laureate Dr C V Raman.
- The day is celebrated since 1987.
- The theme for National Science Day 2021 is “Future of STI: Impacts on Education, Skills, and Work”.
- The observance of this day aims to motivate the students to gain hands-on experience in the field of science.
- The celebration of National Science Day consists of public speeches, science movies, science exhibitions, events based on science themes, concepts, and many more activities.
- The government of India felicitates scientists who have contributed immensely in the field of science