The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the Ministry of AYUSH signed a memorandum of agreement (MoA) to enhance collaboration and cooperation in health research in the field of integrated medicine.
What is integrative medicine?
- Integrative medicine focuses on you as a whole person and not just your illness or disease.
- It seeks to understand the underlying cause of symptoms or condition.
- Integrative medicine uses an evidence-based approach to improve your health and wellness.
- Integrative medicine aims for well-coordinated care among different providers and specialists.
- It brings together conventional healthcare approaches (like medication and psychotherapy) and complementary therapies (like acupuncture and yoga).
- In this way, integrative medicine integrates all aspects of your well-being to achieve optimal health and healing.
- Integrative medicine should be used together with regular medical treatments.
Types of providers
- Chiropractic doctors.
- Holistic mind-body psychotherapists.
- Chinese herbal therapists.
- Tai chi practitioners.
- Yoga practitioners.
- Massage therapists.
- Chefs (culinary medicine).
- Chefs (Culnary Medicine).
- Integrative medicine techniques support the body’s natural ability to heal.
- It helps to reduce stress and promotes a state of relaxation that leads to better health.
- It can help achieve optimal health when you engage in your own healing and feel empowered to make lifestyle changes.
- Adding integrative medicine to your healthcare routine can help regain control of your well-being.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB